Ongoing Research Projects (to be updated):
- Secured and Privacy-preserving Machine Learning Algorithms and Their Applications
- Federated Learning for Resource-constrained Computing Environments
- Federated Learning and Quantum Machine Learning for Cybersecurity and Resilience of Cyber-physical-societal Systems
- Distributed/decentralized Algorithms for Large-scale Learning and Optimization
- Data Analytics for Interdependent Critical Infrastructure Resilience
- Cyberphysical Security of Large-scale Complex Networks
- Spatiotemporal Data Analysis for Infectious Disease (specifically COVID-19)
Recent Publications/Preprints (08/2019-present):
- Ahmed Imteaj, Urmish Thakker, Shiqiang Wang, Jian Li, and M. Hadi Amini, “A Survey on Federated Learning for Resource-Constrained IoT Devices”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 9, no. 1, January 2022.[Download Link] [IEEE Link]
- Leila Zahedi, Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, and M. Hadi Amini, ‘“OptABC: an Optimal Hyperparameter Tuning Approach for Machine Learning Algorithms”, 2021 20th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), Pasadena, CA, December 2021.
- Khandaker Mamun Ahmed, Ahmed Imteaj, and M. Hadi Amini, “Federated Deep Learning for Heterogeneous Edge Computing.” 2021 20th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), Pasadena, CA, December 2021.
- Ahmed Imteaj and M. Hadi Amini, “Leveraging Asynchronous Federated Learning to Predict Customers Financial Distress.” Journal of Intelligent Systems with Applications (2022): 200064.
- Khandaker Mamun Ahmed, Taban Eslami, Fahad Saeed, and M. Hadi Amini, “DeepCOVIDNet: Deep Convolutional Neural Network for COVID-19 Detection from Chest Radiographic Images.” In 2021 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), pp. 1703-1710. IEEE, 2021.
- Leila Zahedi, Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, Shabnam Rezapour, Matthew W. Ohland, and M. Hadi Amini, ”Search Algorithms for Automated Hyper-Parameter Tuning”, The 17th International Conference on Data Science, July 2021.
- J. Khazaei, and M. Hadi Amini, ”Protection of large-scale smart grids against false data injection cyberattacks leading to blackouts.” International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection (2021): 100457.
- Ahmed Imteaj, and M. Hadi Amini. “FedPARL: Client Activity and Resource-Oriented Lightweight Federated Learning Model for Resource-Constrained Heterogeneous IoT Environment.” Frontiers in Communications and Networks 2 (2021): 10.
- Ahmed Imteaj and M. Hadi Amini, “Distributed Sensing Using Smart End-user Devices: Pathway to Federated Learning for Autonomous IoT”, 2019 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence, 2019, Las Vegas, USA [Link], (Best Paper Award Winner)
- Ahmed Imteaj, and M. Hadi Amini, “FedAR: Activity and Resource-Aware Federated Learning Model for Distributed Mobile Robots”, 19th IEEE International Conference Machine Learning And Applications, 2020, Miami, USA. (Accepted for Publication and Virtual Presentation)
- M. Hadi Amini (Editor) “Optimization, Learning, and Control for Interdependent Complex Networks.”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer Nature, (2020). [Link]
- M. Hadi Amini, Ahmed Imteaj, and Panos Pardalos, ”Interdependent Networks: A Data Science Perspective”, Patterns Journal (2020), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patter.2020.100003 [Link]
- M. H. Amini, Javad Mohammadi, and Soummya Kar, “Distributed Holistic Framework for Smart City Infrastructures: Tale of Interdependent Electrified Transportation Network and Power Grid.” IEEE Access (2019): DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2950372. [Impact Factor: 4.098] [Link]
- Ahmed Imteaj, M. Hadi Amini, and Javad Mohammadi. “Leveraging Decentralized Artificial Intelligence to Enhance Resilience of Energy Networks.” IEEE PES General Meeting (2020). [Link]
- Ananth Narayan Samudrala, M. Hadi Amini, Soummya Kar, and Rick S. Blum, “Sensor Placement for Outage Identifiability in Power Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2019. [Impact Factor: 10.486] [Link]
- Mohammadi, Farid Ghareh, Farzan Shenavarmasouleh, M. Hadi Amini, and Hamid R. Arabnia. “Malware detection using artificial bee colony algorithm.” In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2020 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2020 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp. 568-572. 2020. [Link]
M. Hadi Amini, Ahmed Imteaj, and Javad Mohammadi. “Distributed Machine Learning for Resilient Operation of Electric Systems.” IEEE International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies (SEST) (2020). [Link]
Ananth Narayan Samudrala, M. Hadi Amini, Soummya Kar, and Rick S. Blum, “Distributed Outage Detection in Power Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, (2020). [Impact Factor: 10.486] [Link]