Ongoing Research Projects (to be updated):
- Advanced Machine Learning Algorithms and Their Applications
- Distributed Machine Learning for Collaborative Robots
- Distributed/decentralized Algorithms for Large-scale Optimization in Interdependent Networks
- Data Analytics for Smart Cities Resilience
- Cyberphysical Security of Large-scale Complex Networks
- Spatiotemporal Data Analysis for Infectious Disease (specifically COVID-19)
Recent Publications/Preprints (08/2019-present):
- Ahmed Imteaj, Urmish Thakker, Shiqiang Wang, Jian Li, and M. Hadi Amini, “A Survey on Federated Learning for Resource-Constrained IoT Devices”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2021.[Download Link] [IEEE Link]
- Leila Zahedi, Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, Shabnam Rezapour, Matthew W. Ohland, and M. Hadi Amini, ”Search Algorithms for Automated Hyper-Parameter Tuning”, The 17th International Conference on Data Science, July 2021.
- J. Khazaei, and M. Hadi Amini, ”Protection of large-scale smart grids against false data injection cyberattacks leading to blackouts.” International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection (2021): 100457.
- Ahmed Imteaj, and M. Hadi Amini. “FedPARL: Client Activity and Resource-Oriented Lightweight Federated Learning Model for Resource-Constrained Heterogeneous IoT Environment.” Frontiers in Communications and Networks 2 (2021): 10.
- Ahmed Imteaj and M. Hadi Amini, “Distributed Sensing Using Smart End-user Devices: Pathway to Federated Learning for Autonomous IoT”, 2019 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence, 2019, Las Vegas, USA [Link], (Best Paper Award Winner)
- Ahmed Imteaj, and M. Hadi Amini, “FedAR: Activity and Resource-Aware Federated Learning Model for Distributed Mobile Robots”, 19th IEEE International Conference Machine Learning And Applications, 2020, Miami, USA. (Accepted for Publication and Virtual Presentation)
- M. Hadi Amini (Editor) “Optimization, Learning, and Control for Interdependent Complex Networks.”, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer Nature, (2020). [Link]
- M. Hadi Amini, Ahmed Imteaj, and Panos Pardalos, ”Interdependent Networks: A Data Science Perspective”, Patterns Journal (2020), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patter.2020.100003 [Link]
- M. H. Amini, Javad Mohammadi, and Soummya Kar, “Distributed Holistic Framework for Smart City Infrastructures: Tale of Interdependent Electrified Transportation Network and Power Grid.” IEEE Access (2019): DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2019.2950372. [Impact Factor: 4.098] [Link]
- Ahmed Imteaj, M. Hadi Amini, and Javad Mohammadi. “Leveraging Decentralized Artificial Intelligence to Enhance Resilience of Energy Networks.” IEEE PES General Meeting (2020). [Link]
- Ananth Narayan Samudrala, M. Hadi Amini, Soummya Kar, and Rick S. Blum, “Sensor Placement for Outage Identifiability in Power Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2019. [Impact Factor: 10.486] [Link]
- Mohammadi, Farid Ghareh, Farzan Shenavarmasouleh, M. Hadi Amini, and Hamid R. Arabnia. “Malware detection using artificial bee colony algorithm.” In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2020 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2020 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp. 568-572. 2020. [Link]
M. Hadi Amini, Ahmed Imteaj, and Javad Mohammadi. “Distributed Machine Learning for Resilient Operation of Electric Systems.” IEEE International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies (SEST) (2020). [Link]
Ananth Narayan Samudrala, M. Hadi Amini, Soummya Kar, and Rick S. Blum, “Distributed Outage Detection in Power Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, (2020). [Impact Factor: 10.486] [Link]